Office, Lisboa, Lisboa, Arroios
REF: S-1736/1|Licença de Utilização: 435
Office with 170m2 in Picoas.
In building with lifts, 2 wc and 3 parking places.
Close to the Picoas metro, between the Marques de Pombal and Saldanha.
History - Parish of Arroios
In times past, numerous water courses crossed this place.
The name "Arroios" evokes those water courses that existed here and still survive in the toponyms of the streets of the parish. Arroios was not always a single parish - its current situation resulted from the merger of the former parishes of Anjos, Pena and São Jorge de Arroios.
The settlement of this territory grew near two first poles, the Church of the Holy Angels (1551) and the Convent of Santana (1562). Fertile land, abundant in water, settled populations and numerous convents were installed here, which after the extinction of the Religious Orders were converted, most of them into hospital facilities.
The opening of Avenida Almirante Reis led to the urbanisation of the nearby farms, giving rise to the Andrade, England, Azores and Colonies quarters, thus known by the thematic toponymy, aimed at the small bourgeoisie that worked in the surroundings. Immigration brought great population changes to the area, and today it is one of the most intercultural areas of Lisbon, which the urban rehabilitation of the area has tried to accommodate.
The Cinema Império and the Sotto Mayor Palace were built on this site. Many other structures such as churches, palaces, squares and neighbourhoods were born and make Arroios a place rich in heritage. This is a parish with history and culture that has at its disposal an architectural, religious and civil heritage that deserves to be known, protected and valued. Get to know some of the heritage that gives identity and differentiation to the parish of Arroios.